Responsive Web Design
Responsive Web Design has currently 3-4 device sizes Phone, Tablet, and Desktop. Sometimes add Netbooks in-between Tablet and Desktops. I’m going to increase this number just a bit to 6 sizes: Phone Portrait & Landscape, Facebook Fan Page, Netbook, and Desktop & Large Desktop.
I’m looking forward to implementing my idea on a number of future projects making them live in each environment as intended and not as some after thought.
So here are the device-width sizes:
- Phone Portrait Device-Width: 320px;
- Phone Landscape Device-Width: 480px;
- Facebook Fan Page Embed dimensions Width: 520px; height: 800px;
- Netbook Device-Width: 1024px;
- Desktop One Device-Width: 1300px;
- Desktop Two Device-Width: 1600px;
As of the writing of this post I only currently have two sizes for this blog; Netbook & Phone Portrait with everything below the Netbook size scaling down to the phone size. I plan on implementing more in the future as this blog evolves and more content is added.